Friday, April 4, 2014

Great Expectations: April 2014


Easter is fast approaching, and I just couldn't resist sharing my favorite Easter meme, regardless of how sad it may be that I have a favorite Easter meme. So, there ya go!

Thankfully, this April, we are blessed with what is sure to be one of the biggest blockbusters of 2014. Of course, I'm talking about A Haunted House 2 Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Considering that April is an odd month for a superhero film to be released, it got me thinking about Disney's strategy, and I've come to the conclusion that the Disney folks realize they have the power to release any film with the word "Marvel" attached to it at ANY time of the year, without sacrificing any bit of success. Maybe the Disney folks are just flaunting their power. Maybe they wanted to leave a fair amount of time between Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe they just drew a random weekend out of a hat. Regardless, I'm going to make a prediction that will one day make me quotable... The "summer" movie season will begin in April, starting around 2016. That's right, folks... No time for carrots and egg-hunting, we will have to go to the movies. I mean, think about how many sequels will have built up by that time. Where are they going to go? Batman v. Superman and Captain America 3 cannot be forced to occupy the same weekend, and people are sick of summer flicks by the end of August. So, April will soon be engulfed with blockbuster superhero films and unnecessary comedy sequels. Mark my words... It's happening, people...

Unfortunately, this April looks like it will be a month filled with rentals. So, enjoy Captain America!


Captain America: The Winter Soldier
(April 4)


No comments:

Post a Comment