Sunday, April 28, 2013

Summer Preview: 2013

 

With the release of Iron Man 3 on May 3, the 2013 summer movie season will officially begin, and it is time to get excited, folks! The summer of 2012 was not the most satisfying, so I'm hopeful that we will see a great improvement in 2013. FYI... I categorize the months of May-August as the "summer movie months," disqualifying any films that are released outside of this broad date range. Below, I have listed five categories of film expectations that I have for this summer. All of the lists are in complete random order, so you get to guess which will top each list! Chachingiest Expectations includes films that I expect to make the most money. This list may be completely wrong, as I did zero research on what films are expected to have high grosses. Lowest Expectations includes films that I don't really think will be worth watching, and I may never know whether they are worth it, because I may not even watch. Bombing Expectations includes films that I believe will fail to meet their monetary expectations (like 2012's John Carter or Battlefield). Finally, my High Expectations categories, for both drama and comedy, include films that I expect to be the best of the summer of 2013. Can these films meet my high expectations? Only time will tell. So, grab your 3D glasses, take them to the theater, buy a 2D ticket, and sneak in to the 3D movie, because it's clever! Happy summer, folks!

Chachingiest Expectations
Fast and Furious 6











Monsters University









Despicable Me 2












Iron Man 3













Man of Steel










Lowest Expectations
The Smurfs 2









The Wolverine











White House Down













World War Z











Bombing Expectations
The Lone Ranger











Grown Ups 2











Now You See Me









Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters











Highest Dramatic Expectations
Elysium









Man of Steel










Star Trek Into Darkness










The Way, Way Back









Highest Comedic Expectations
This Is the End













The Hangover Part III









The Internship

No comments:

Post a Comment