Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Great Expectations: April 2013

 
 
Nothing says April quite like the start of baseball season, and, this April, we get to enjoy a brand new baseball movie, as we ring in a new baseball year. If you are a huge fan of America's pastime, like me, then you inherently have a special connection to baseball films. Maybe you are a comedic guy who loves Major League or The Bad News Bears. Maybe you like the true baseball story, like The Rookie, Eight Men Out, or Moneyball. Or, maybe you like original films, such as Field of Dreams, The Sandlot, Angels in the Outfield, or The Natural. Personally, I love every single film that I have mentioned thus far, and I hope to enjoy the upcoming 42 just as much! Jackie Robinson did more for the game of baseball and for civil rights than most give him credit for, and I can't wait to hear more about his story. Also, I can't wait to see how Tom Cruise saves the world. If successful, I have a feeling that he would be an even bigger success than Jackie Robinson...
 
 
42
(April 12)
 

 
 
Oblivion
(April 19)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment