Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Great Expectations: August 2013


As the summer begins to come to a close, I am longing for temperatures in the 40s, hot chocolate, and Christmas. Unfortunately, here in South Mississippi, my longings will not be fulfilled for quite sometime, leaving me with nothing but the sadness that comes with starting school and not having new movies to go watch. I feel like this girl:




Fortunately for us, there are still a few good summer flicks left, including the movie I have been waiting for all summer long...... Elysium--movie featuring one of my favorite (based on the whole one movie he has made), young directors, Neil Blomkamp. His first film, District 9, was one of the most underappreciated films of the past few years, as well as one of the most surprising Oscar nominees. District 9 is one of my favorite sci-fi films of all time, and I cannot wait to see Blomkamp's next attempt at sci-fi greatness. So, even with the disappointment that comes with the end of summer, we have Elysium and a few other films to look forward to...
 
 
The Spectacular Now
(August 2)
 
 
2 Guns
(August 2)
 
 
Elysium
(August 9)


No comments:

Post a Comment