I have decided that I will be keeping you up to date on the buzz in Hollywood on a weekly basis. My goal is to give you the biggest news in movies each and every Tuesday. So make sure you keep up if you want to know more than your friends.
1. Christian Bale is being courted by director Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan, The Wrestler) in an effort to convince Bale to play Noah in a movie version of the Bible story. Aronofsky says that his interpretation of the Flood will be a "fantasy epic."
2. Steven Spielberg has been in talks with screenwriters about making a fourth Jurassic Park movie. The Spielberg produced Terra Nova premieres on FOX in the fall, and a lot of work has gone into the dinosaurs on the new show, making people think that this new technology might further Spielberg's interest.
3. William Shatner will NOT be a part of the second Star Trek movie. J.J. Abrams has been quiet about the film, but Shatner himself has said that he will not make an appearance. Shatner was unhappy when he was not offered a spot in the first film.
4. Russell Crowe has been rumored as the actor who will play Superman's dad in the upcoming reboot of Superman.
5. The Academy is once again changing the Best Picture rules for this year's Oscars. Instead of having ten nominees, there will be 5-10 nominees. The amount will not be announced until the nominations are announced and are based on the percentage of votes that each film receives. The number of nominees was increased from five to ten a few years back in an effort to increase viewership and include more films that people actually watch.
6. The lawsuit over the tattoo in The Hangover Part 2 has been settled. This means that the tattoo will not be edited out of the DVD release like many had thought.
7. Spoiler Alert! It has been rumored (not reported) that Liam Neeson has been seen on the set of the new Batman film. Neeson played Bruce Wayne's mentor turned enemy in Batman Begins, before supposedly dying. This will be awesome if it is true.
A laugh for the X-Men fans out there: