Sorry the news this week is not very exciting, but these are the most interesting things I could find.
1. Super 8 star Joel Courtney has signed on to play Tom Sawyer in a new remake of the classic tale. The movie will begin shooting in August.
2. Vin Diesel has announced a summer 2013 release date for the next Fast and Furious movie. The sixth installment of the series is much anticipated following the success of this year's Fast Five.
3. The new Spy Kids 4 will feature 4D Aroma Scope. This will allow the audience to smell certain parts of the movie. Kind of weird if you ask me.
4. Comedic genius Judd Apatow has begun working on a Pee Wee Herman feature film. Yay for the Pee Wee fans!
5. Warner Bros. will move forward on the making of a Green Lantern sequel despite the first film underperforming at the box office. Green Lantern was made for $200 million and given $100 million for marketing and has only made $180 million at the box office so far. This really surprises me. If you read my review of the first film, you will see how I feel about a sequel.
6. A screenwriter has been found for Will Smith's recreation of the classic Annie. If you did not know, Willow Smith (Will's daughter) will play Annie and Jay Z has signed on to do the music for the film.
7. Tom Hanks said this week that Toy Story 4 is already being prepared by the fine folks at Pixar. Although Pixar has not made an official statement regarding another sequel, Hanks would be the one to know if this was the truth.
For the Pixar fans, this is the teaser trailer for Brave, out next summer: