Sunday, April 22, 2012

Summer Preview: 2012

Hello to all! It is finally that time of year. Time for summer movies!!!!!!! Now, if you are a movie freak like I am, you understand my excitement, and you can't wait for midnight May 3rd!!! (The Avengers). If you aren't excited, then I invite you to become excited very, very soon, because the time has come.

Just so you know, I deem the summer months (for movies) May, June, July, and August. So, as you read what I have to say, you can realize what time range I am covering here. Last year, as I have said before, was a disappointing year for movies. Looking back on what I expected heading into last summer, I realize that my expectations may have been a bit high. Last year, there was at least one movie coming out that I wanted to see on each and every weekend from the first of May to the first of August. That alone is just crazy. It also shows you how many movies I tend to want to watch. However, looking forward to the upcoming summer months, I just don't have THAT many movies that I want to see. That means that there are only three or four each month that I want to see (rather than last year's thirty a month).

I don't know why, but I just don't feel like this summer is full of big hits. Certainly, there are great movies coming out that are sure to make loads of cash and be seen by almost everyone--TWICE. Might I interest you in some Dark Knight Rises or some Avengers or maybe even some Spiderman? These films are going to blow the box office away, but, when you look beyond these three super-hero films, there aren't many big films to get excited about. There are movies that I am going to want to see, and there are movies that you are going to want to see. The problem lies in the lack of movies that EVERYONE is going to want to see. Last year, there were tons of HUGE movies. There was Transformers 3, Cars 2, The Hangover 2, Thor, Pirates 4, Captain America, Bridesmaids, The Help, and, of course, Harry Potter. All of these movies were so, so big, and there just aren't that many summer movies (aside from the three mentioned above) that are going to be super huge. Or at least that is what I think. Here are a few lists of movies that contain my predictions for the summer of 2012. Hope you enjoy:

Highest Expectations
3. The Amazing Spiderman (July 3)

















2. Prometheus (June 8)













1. The Dark Knight Rises (July 20)














Lowest Expectations
3. Men in Black III (May 25)












2. Battleship (May 18)












1. G.I. Joe: Retaliation (June 29)

















Funniest Expectations
3. What to Expect When You're Expecting (May 18)













2. The Dictator (May 16)












1. Ted (July 13)












Cha-Chingiest Expectations
3. The Amazing Spiderman (July 3)

















2. The Avengers (May 4)











1. The Dark Knight Rises (July 20)















Check in frequently to see what reviews are up! There will likely be one or two new reviews each and every week during the summer, so don't miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment